Cover Photo Credit: Legendary Randy Ericksen Films
The new USARA is HERE!
The United States Adventure Racing Association has been the primary national governing body for the sport of adventure racing since its inception in 1998. USARA supports race organizers and promoters in developing safe, challenging, and fun events for adventurers at all levels and hosts the annual USARA National Championship.
USARA is evolving under a new leadership team that is eager to build on USARA’s successes while also developing new bridges with racers and race directors to support the sport of adventure racing. We are getting everything ready for a banner 2021 season which will include revisions to the benefit packages for both USARA members and affiliated Race Directors and restructuring of the annual USARA race season.
Changes to Date:
- USARA is now a not-for-profit organization run by a board of volunteers with an executive director.
- USARA has partnered with RunSignup to handle all our member processing.
- USARA-sanctioned races will now be able to use RunSignup to handle all their registration needs such as checking USARA memberships, handling fee collection, submitting results to the USARA national ranking, etc.
- USARA has partnered with Expert Voice to provide annual members with pro deals to annual USARA members (up to 60% off major brands). ExpertVoice provides industry professionals and dedicated people like you with a platform where leading companies offer insider pricing and behind the scenes content about the gear you love from hundreds of top brands including Light & Motion, Osprey Packs, La Sportiva, Smartwool, Railriders, Pearl Izumi, Katadyn, Silva and more. Much more!
- All annual members will get a personal medical insurance policy for every USARA race they participate in (up to $25K)
- USARA will update its National Championship and associated qualifying process to create new opportunities for both race directors and racers with the goal of more fully representing the entire United States AR community.
- USARA will conduct periodic discussion forums with race directors and racers.
- USARA will continue advancing our commitment to the Women of Adventure Racing initiative.
- USARA will encourage more diversity in AR and has created a national task force on equity and inclusion.
- USARA will strengthen its partnership with the Adventure Racing Cooperative as we look towards merging in the near future.
If you love adventure racing, however, consider supporting the sport by joining USARA for the upcoming year. Your membership allows us to provide resources for individual racers and support for the many amazing race directors around the country. Visit our members page to review the valuable benefits that come along with your membership.