Photo credit: Legendary Randy Ericksen Films
USARA IS MAKING SOME BIG CHANGES!
The United States Adventure Racing Association has been the primary national governing body for the sport of adventure racing since its inception in 1998. USARA supports race organizers and promoters in developing safe, challenging, and fun events for adventurers at all levels and hosts the annual USARA National Championship. As we head into the 2021 season, USARA will evolve under a new leadership team that is eager to build on USARA’s successes while also developing new bridges with racers and race directors to support the sport of adventure racing.
We are discussing many exciting ideas, and some of our initial initiatives include:
- Constructing a new leadership team including an executive director
- Incorporating as a nonprofit organization
- Developing and launching a new website
- Developing a Virtual Nationals event for Saturday, September 12
- Conducting discussion forums with race directors and racers
- Developing a national championship schedule that includes events across the country
- Advancing our commitment to the Women of Adventure Racing initiative
- Creating a national task force on equity and inclusion in adventure racing
- Partnering with the Adventure Racing Cooperative