USARA is excited to unveil a new Nationals qualification and registration process! The Qualification Procedures that we have outlined below for 2022 are what we anticipate using for 2022 and beyond.
Team Requirements to Race at USARA Nationals
To be eligible to race in the USARA National Championship race, your team must meet the following requirements.
- The squad/team must qualify to enter the race (see below).
- At least TWO of the three racers on the racing team must be US citizens or long-term residents (with a green card).
- At least TWO of the three racers must have accrued points with your team/squad during the current season.
- Your team must NOT have competed under another country's flag in the past 2 years.
Qualification Procedures for 2022
- Twelve races around the nation will be designated as "Regional Championships."
- Winners of the premier division at these Regional Championships will earn automatic fully-paid entry into the National Championship.
- At least two members from a mixed team winning a Regional Championship must attend Nationals to claim free entry
- If the winner of a given category has already earned entry, entry will roll down
- No team may earn more than one entry in a season through the Regional Championships
- After these 36 teams, teams will be able to register by the following criteria (based on 100-team capacity):
- 40 slots will be reserved for the top-ranked mixed teams based on the USARA National Points Series rankings.
- 15 slots will be reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis for additional teams of any composition
- 9 slots will be filled at the discretion of the USARA Nationals Committee, (separate from the USARA board), with emphasis on ensuring that the most competitive teams in the nation are able to attend.
- Slots not claimed through the application process will be made available in the first-come, first-serve pool.
- A team seeking to send more than one squad to Nationals (i.e. Team USA #1 and Team USA #2), can claim one slot by winning a Regional Championship or through their ranking, but NOT both. In such a scenario, a team seeking to send two squads may claim a second slot through the open, first-come first-serve pool or by applying to the committee for entry.